Friday, October 3, 2008

Ranting and raving

I need to rant a bit about the drivers around Bismarck area. I swear they think they are the only ones on the street. Twice lately someone has decided to move into another lane and oops there seems to be a driver there-- that being me. This means I get to slam on my brakes, turn out of their way and definitely I use my horn. Everything on the front seat flies onto the floor. Luckily there wasn't anything breakable in that mess that is now on the floor boards. They then look and see me, move back into their own lane and go on their merry way. Now I have always thought the drivers in Bismarck were meant to be out on prairie trails in the first place. I have grandchildren that are better drivers then they are. By the way, this has happened to me on the interstate too. Some dude just in la-la land tries to move into my lane with his pickup and trailer. I slam on the brakes and turn out onto the shoulder and lay on the horn. He then throws up his hands and realizes he should check his mirrors before doing that again. I like to drive but dislike the people that don't look before moving into the next lane. I should invest in a giant air horn.
Now, wouldn't that be fun to blow that thing when some dude screws up on the road.

2 comments:

Jed said...

I think next time you are going to Bismarck you should have Justin take you with his car. With a car that size you will surely be seen and if someone hits you, you probably won't even feel it.

Anonymous said...

Just to clarify......when you see people in YOUR rear view window giving you gestures and you hear horns blowing in your direction.....its not the person beside you that they are pissed at.

Troy