Monday, December 28, 2009

The ongoing saga of my construction project from Hell

Since some of you are asking I will inform you to my take on Shingles.

They hurt like hell, they make your life miserable, you are weak and tired from lack of sleep and the constant pain, life goes on!!.

After three full weeks of constant pain I could not take it any more so called my doctor and pleaded for Prednisone as someone told me this is what to take. Hey, I am willing to take anything that looks, sounds, smells like it might help. If I have to inhale it, swallow it, eat it or rub it on; I am all for it. Jerry and I drove to Bismarck that night to get my prescription (as of course the doctors never call you back until after hours when the local pharmacy was already closed). A 120 mile round trip and we were back home after driving on icy roads and streets in Bismarck but "Hey, it was worth it". Well, after the first dose of Prednisone I felt better. The constant pain was gone just the lingering, "Shit, that still hurts but not as much" thing. Depression set in the 21st day. Don't talk to me, I will cry just thinking about it. This is not good as Christmas is just around the corner. The fact that my kids were coming home for Christmas helped soooooo much. Not all of them were able to get home for Christmas due to the snow storm but we survived with the ones that were here. We were all safe, warm and well fed. Lots of good food prepared mostly by the kids. I was mostly the onlooker this year. Thanks one and all. If I have to sit around for a few more days waiting for the Shingles to go away-I can do that. I'm flexible.
I am thinking 2010 will be better in the health department.

Happy New Year to all of you.

No comments: