Saturday, December 5, 2009

Construction from Hell

My construction project, as Ty calls it, is still under way. It has to do mainly with Shingles. Now if you have never had Shingles you can't quite imagine what it is like. I will tell you it is one horrible experience. First the pain starts then the rash begins. The pain is almost unbearable. Oh, an the rash keeps spreading. I was told and did read that Apple Cider vinegar would help the rash. I now smell like I fell in a jug of vinegar. But if it helps, hey, I am all for it.

I did discover one night as I walked the floors that my floors were really clean. No dust, no crumbs, no sand stuck to my tired worn out feet as I walked the floors all night long as the pain wouldn't allow me to either lay down nor sit down. I was so glad that I had had the energy to dust them that very day.

I have never liked needles but with the pain of my construction project I decided anything that might help would be worth a try. Jerry took me to Bismarck to a chiropractor that does acupuncture. I actually allowed him to stick those needles in my back. It did not hurt and I didn't have to watch him poke me as I was lying on my stomach. I do believe it might of helped the pain a bit. Of course I then had to go to my main doctor and get some pain medication as Tylenol wasn't cutting it. I now have some nerve medicine that does work. Alleluia!! Of course this I can only take 3 a day therefore I am in trouble when the pill wears off. Oh, I just remembered Jerry had surgery 2 years ago and he never took his pain pills. Alleluia!! I found those and in between nerve pills I pop the pain pills. The doctor also told me that Vitamin B Complex is good to take and to overdose on that as it does you no harm. More pills to pop. I read that Lysine is good for Shingles. I have that too. I am a regular medicine chest.

The only time I don't hurt is when I am in the shower. Now if I were a fish this would be great but being me I come out of their looking like a prune with a rash.

If anyone has any more ideas for me, please send them along as I am willing to try anything right now to relieve this miserable infection.

No comments: