Friday, November 21, 2008

I think that I shall never see - -

The Lone Tree
(by Sharon)
I am called the Lone tree by everyone around
I am here by myself as the rest of the trees
All were destroyed, rotted or fell down
I am here as a landmark as all you people can see.
Here I stand all alone and by myself
In the summertime heat and in the winters freezing cold
I'm here for a purpose besides being pretty and green
At least that's what most of the people are told.
Some years I have no leaves and am so bare
Then here I am and, "Surprise everyone!!"
I am all leafed out and have turned nice and green
I stand so tall and proud to enjoy the rain and the sun.
In the winter I am brown and very bare
This is the way God meant it to be
I still do my job when I am directing traffic
To those that don't know-- I am the directing tree.
If you are new to the area and not sure where to go
You are lost and have a need to find your way
Just call and ask and you will find
That the message is always the same, be it night or be it day.
The message will get to your destination
Just go to the "Lone Tree" and then you will know
That if you follow the instructions like you should
You will soon be right where you wanted to go.

4 comments:

Debra said...

What an Awesome Picture of The Lone Tree and a Beautifully Written Poem...Deb

KJ said...

Nice job mom!

Anonymous said...

I remember seeing 2 of those trees.....but that was usually late Saturday night or early Sunday morning.

Troy

Anonymous said...

Very nice. You have such an art for writing things. Shirley